Food and Beverage Director
The Sioux City Explorers are part of the American Association and are located in Sioux City, Iowa. The Explorers will host not only 50+ home baseball games, but also potentially events outside the normal league schedule. Our ballpark has a capacity of approximately 4,000 seats. The ballpark also has bleacher seating, a party deck, and 4 suites. There are five main concession windows operating out of the main concession stand in the main concourse, several portable locations, with storage and cooler/freezer storage underneath the stadium.
The Food and Beverage Director will be responsible for all aspects of the club’s day to
day food and beverage operations, which include:
- Leading the staff of approximately 25 part-time employees;
- Previous experience in purchasing, menu creation, pricing, food presentation,
food preparation, working with vendors and food brokers;
- Hiring employees;
- Managing and scheduling employees;
- Managing / Maintaining Food & Labor Costs to club’s expectations;
- Maintaining equipment and operational cleanliness will be imperative;
- Being able to maintain the point of sale equipment, proper inventory control and
produce sales reports will also be important;
- It will be necessary to balance daily event receipts versus POS & GOS;
- Running a clean and organized operation will be paramount;
In order to be successful a good candidate will be able to create strong partnerships
with other members of management as well as all vendors and employees. This
position is a hands-on position as the culture is a team atmosphere instead of a strictly
top-down delegation model. Candidates must be able to plan the F&B operation with
the multi-pronged goal of a great experience for customers at the same time as
generating a strong revenue stream with solid margins to support the business. Nothing
is more important to us than our brand promise of a great experience for our fans.
- College or Culinary/Trade School degree preferred;
- 5+ years supervisory experience in Food & Beverage Field;
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be organized with good time-management skills;
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications;
- Must possess strong basic math skills;
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals;
- Able to lift 40 lbs; and
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work
location, department or line of business.
- Must have a current Serve-Safe Certification.
- A mix of kitchen, concession, warehouse, outdoor and office environment;
- Can be prolonged periods of standing;
- Long hours will require nights, weekends, holidays; and
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of
work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed
as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not
prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not
establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Salary and Benefits:
To be discussed and determined by experience & qualifications; expected beginning range is $35,000 to $40,000 per year.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected].
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and the position will remain active until we find the candidate with the right combination of experience and fit.
The Sioux City Explorers are looking for dedicated individuals who would like to become a part of the X’s family for the upcoming 2022 season. We are looking to fill spots for:
- Ticket Takers
- Parking Attendants
- Video Crew
- Press Box Crew
If interested please send an email to Carlie Siders at [email protected]
The Sioux City Explorers Professional Baseball Team, LLC, a member of the American Association of Professional Baseball, is seeking highly motivated individuals looking to kick start their career in sports. Listed are the openings that the team has available.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the scheduling of pre-game events and in-between inning activities
- Assist with special promotions, theme nights, player-fan interactive events
- Prepare props for game execution
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Assist with the daily insert and PA script production
- Occasionally represent the Explorers at community events as Slider, the Explorers mascot
- Update the Explorers social media pages
- Assist with all events during each game
- Assist with non-baseball events throughout the season
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager & General Manager
Box Office/Group Sales Internship
Responsibilities will includes, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the day to day operations of the ticket office
- Provide exceptional customer service to all fans
- Assist with general office duties including phone and mail responsibilities
- Proactively sell ticket packages and group packages
- Maintain group sales and ticket package databases
- Process ticket orders via walk up, telephone and online sales
- Operate ticket window for game night
- Assist in supervising Game Day Staff on game nights
- Develop a complete working knowledge of the entire Explorers ticketing system
Stadium Operations/Groundscrew Internship
Assist with all aspects of facility operations and management with Sioux City Explorers baseball games and outside events such as high school games. Provide daily maintenance in the stadium, offices, skyboxes, dugouts. Assist the groundskeeper on game days and non game days.
- Must be enrolled as a full time student at a college or university
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, demonstrate excellent follow-through, and have an understanding of appropriate business etiquette
- Ability to work in a team setting while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, and be able to commit to the entire 2019 Explorers home game schedule.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, well-organized, and strong computer knowledge
Sioux City Explorers Digital Media Intern
This position is for someone who would like hands on experience in digital media for a professional sports franchise. Intern would
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Compiling game notes, stat packs and other needs for press box staff and broadcast.
- Assisting Explorers staff, visiting media and hometown media in the press box.
- Helping maintain the press box, cleanlines, functionality etc.
- Assisting the Explorers presence on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Writing reports for the team website like press releases and game recaps for games at home.
- Keeping the Explorers website up to date with recaps, player bio’s and transactions.
- Helping to create video and audio content, experience in Adobe is a plus.
- Example: Creating a short highlight tape of that night’s game.
- Helping to perform other ball park duties as assigned to interns.
- If a desire to do baseball play by play, innings can be rewarded with good work throughout the season.
- If an interest in baseball play by play, a demo of an unedited inning of play by play.
- Two writing samples, game recaps, press releases any sports writing material, please no personal blogs.
- Any examples of social media and or graphic design experience
- Any examples of video production
- Any other examples that you feel would make you the ideal Digital Media Intern
Compensation for all positions will be discussed in the interview.
To apply for a 2021 summer internship, please send your cover letter and resume to Connor Ryan at [email protected]
Game Day Entertainers
The Sioux City Explorers are looking for people who would like to let their creative, goofy side break through by creating characters to entertain the crowd.