2018 Clubhouse Manager
The Clubhouse Manager is responsible for the overall management, cleaning and maintenance of the Explorers’ Clubhouse, the Visitor’s Clubhouse and the Umpire’s Dressing Room throughout the 2018 season. The Clubhouse Manager position is a full time seasonal position and employee is required to be in attendance during all of spring training (May 5th - May 16th) and at all 50 home games from May 17-August 31 (into September based on playoffs).
The Clubhouse Manager will be responsible for fulfilling team needs including, but not limited to:
Cleaning/Presentation of Clubhouse:
Daily cleaning of umpires room, home and visitors locker room area, shower area, coaches’/manager’s offices, training room and laundry area.
Required to shampoo carpets and deep clean shower area's on a monthly basis in home and visitors clubhouse. Assure clubhouse supplies are always stocked for both teams.
Obtain and set up the pre-game spread following batting practice for both teams and setting up post-game meals for both teams and umpires, while checking on both teams throughout each home game to assure they have all items needed during the game.
Maintain/Stock refrigerators in home and visiting coaches’ offices.
Responsible for some shopping for certain clubhouse amenities and errands for players and or coaches from both teams.
Handle all home, visiting team and umpires laundry needs during home games.
Inventory control and issuing all necessary equipment to players and coaches
Assist team with picking up new players from the airport or taking players that have been released to the airport.
There are long hours in this position, and clubhouse manager is expected to be prompt and professional at all times.
On game days must arrive at the clubhouse prior to the arrival of the players and coaches in order to address uniform, equipment and visiting team issues.
Responsible for meeting and washing visiting team uniforms when they arrive to Sioux City with dirty laundry.
Must arrive prior to players and coaches and see team off to departure of road trips, and meet the team upon arrival home from any road trip.
There is potential for the clubhouse manager to travel on certain road trips with the team.
When the team is on the road, you are not required to be at the ballpark (vacation days everytime the team goes on the road)
Responsible for tracking and maintaining adequate inventory of supplies and equipment. (i.e. Laundry chemicals, cleaning supplies, trash can liners, seeds, bubble gum, pants, jerseys, socks, belts, bats, balls, rosin and pine tar)
Prepare game balls for umpires & monitor throughout each game
To Apply: Please send Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with the email titled CLUBHOUSE MANAGER followed by your name.
Game Day Entertainers
The 2018 season will mark the Sioux City Explorers 26th season in Siouxland and 13th season as a member of the American Association of Professional Baseball. The City of Sioux City in conjunction with the Sioux City Explorers are looking to make changes and improvements to the stadium and to the fan experience during games. We are looking for a group of people who would like to let their creative, goofy side break through by creating characters to entertain the crowd.
You will get paid to hang out in the ballpark and mingle with fans throughout the game and help those who may not be the world’s biggest baseball fans still have a great time in the stands. The best description that we have come across for this position is one part cheerleader, one part vaudeville actor, and one part rodeo clown.
We are looking for a group of people that can rotate throughout the summer schedule. After all, we’re pretty sure only the full time staff is crazy enough to be there for all 50 home games. We want you to create a character complete with costume, make-up, and whatever personality comes along with it (within reason of course). You will be “in-character” from the time the gates open until the game is over.
If you would like to see the all-time greatest example of this type of activity, do a quick search for Max Patkin online, the “Clown Prince of Baseball”. The next best source for what we are looking for comes from a team in our league, the Saint Paul Saints. We are flat-out stealing their idea for this. You can see their team at this link: http://saintsbaseball.com/fun/entertainment-team1
If you would prefer to pick up a few summer hours working for us in a more traditional role, we are also looking for box office staff, ticket takers, and ushers.
Send us your name, resume’, and contact info along with a brief description of your idea for a character you would like to develop. We will reach out to set up a time for us to meet and see what we can figure out.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Explorers’ season runs from May 25 through August 31.
To Apply: Please send letter of interest to email@example.com with the email titled GAME DAY ENTERTAINERS, followed by your name.
Season Ticket & Corporate Sales Representative – Sioux City Explorers Baseball Club (Sioux City, IA)
Are you a dedicated professional with proven sales skills and a blossoming track record in the world of sports and entertainment? We are looking for an individual who is a creative, motivated self-starter to lead our Corporate Partnerships department.
Reporting to the Vice President/General Manager, the Manager of Corporate Partnerships is responsible for selling all available inventory, with a focus on the local business community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify and target potential corporate sponsors at the national, regional and local level.
• Drive strategic lead generation through category analysis and proactive prospect engagement; identify and solicit up to 25 new leads per week.
• Develop, write and present compelling corporate sponsorship and sales proposals to key clients.
• In conjunction with departmental resources, ensure the goals and marketing commitments developed for each client are being met, including any review/reporting requirements.
• Create new sales collateral or modify existing collateral as required.
• Generating sales through cold calls, networking, and appointment setting
• Retain and grow an assigned book of sponsorship business.
• Serve as the liaison between the Corporate Partnerships Department and team concessionaire.
• Demonstrate ability to work with all personality types at the staff and management levels.
• Liaise with other departments to maximize cross-selling opportunities and share new ideas.
• Evaluate client satisfaction.
• Other duties as assigned by Vice President/General Manager.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business administration or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in a high energy sales position, preferably sponsorship, premium or suite sales.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Excellent network of local and regional corporate contacts.
• Strong conceptual and strategic skills, and ability to think “outside the box,” and strong customer satisfaction orientation.
• Possess the ability to establish relationships within all levels of the company as well as with sponsors and clients.
• Ability to meet challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace.
• Comfortable managing tight deadlines and meeting aggressive sales goals and expectations.
• Demonstrate creativity in the development of innovative and effective sales campaigns.
• Strong sales proposal experience and presentation experience.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed to ensure excellent customer service is provided to clients attending games.
• Proficiency in using MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint
Salary + Commission – Salary commensurate with experience
To Apply: Please send Resume & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email titled MANAGER, CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS followed by your name.
Game Day Attendants - Sioux City Explorers Baseball Club (Sioux City, IA)
The Sioux City Explorers are always looking for qualified individuals to work on a seasonal basis during all 50 home games at Mercy Field at Lewis & Clark Park.
Positions Available: Box Office, Ticket Takers, Parking attendants, Press Box, Bat Boy/Girl, Ushers)
To Apply: Please send letter of interest to email@example.com with the email titled GAME DAY ATTENDANTS, followed by your name.